” A mixed media portrait installation on the Ups and Downs of celebration … and the thin dotted line between. Real celebration and communal celebration, personal and public, and the few shimmering moments when they join. An exhibition of people, portraits and spaces and a magnetic energy that takes its cues from Istanbul. Topkapi for change and decadence and tomorrow and yesterday and green grass for princess’s. Bucaleon becomes Topkapi, Byzantium leaves for Constantinople crashes into Stamboul slides into Istanbul. “
A visual performative installation of celebration & celeb-ration
Based on texts ;
The balance of change in Istanbul
* destruction, creation and maintenance
* process of eras side by side, on top and beside each other
* Topkapi palace as symbolic of that change
* The architecture of Topkapi Palace providing the method / structure
* Private realms, public realms, the dichotomy of the freedom of closure, ultimate openness allowed in the most enclosed areas
* Derivatives : inside, outside, personal, public, own, common, open, closed, secret, shared, streets, buildings, private, communal.
From this physical structure, developing a method for performance
: breaking boundaries of personal, public, private, inside, outside
June-October 2006 Bilsar Building -1, Cezayir 3rd floor, Lucca and The Streets of Istanbul.